- Focus Areas
- Agricultural Pest Management
- Ecology/Biological Control
- Evolutionary Biology
- Freshwater and Estuarine Entomology
- Insect Pathology
- Molecular Biology, Physiology, Toxicology, and Molecular Genetics
- Organic Agriculture
- Pesticide Technology, Assessment, and Policy
- Urban, Structural, and Green Industries Pest Management
- Research Partners
- Research Opportunities
- Fall 2013 Colloquium
- Focus Areas
Graduate Student Services
The University of Maryland offers a wide variety of services to cater to the needs of its graduate student population. Through the Office of Graduate Student Life, interested students will find information on how to become more involved in their education, rights as graduate students and even find upcoming social events. This office understands that there is much more to a graduate career than purely academics and it is often the other factors that make a student's experience at the University of Maryland a meaningful one. Whether you are looking to get involved through a student organization or looking for the latest data from graduate surveys there is information for all located on The Office of Graduate Student Life website.
Office of Graduate Student Life objectives:
- Provide programs that help create a tangible graduate student campus community.
- Foster graduate student conversation and collaboration across disciplines.
- Encourage, recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of graduate students.
- Promote existing campus services and encourage service areas to be more inclusive of graduate student needs.
- Grow and maintain a graduate student presence in institutional decisions that affect the quality of life for graduate students.
- Help departments share ideas about programs and support structures for graduate students.
- Conduct regular assessments of graduate student quality of life on campus.
- Advocate for graduate student needs across campus.
English Editing for International Graduate Students
The English Editing for International Graduate Students (EEIGS) program, operating under the aegis of The Graduate School, offers free editing services for international graduate students who must present their dissertations, theses, and other required papers in English. The University's Volunteer Service Corps staffs this program.