- Focus Areas
- Agricultural Pest Management
- Ecology/Biological Control
- Evolutionary Biology
- Freshwater and Estuarine Entomology
- Insect Pathology
- Molecular Biology, Physiology, Toxicology, and Molecular Genetics
- Organic Agriculture
- Pesticide Technology, Assessment, and Policy
- Urban, Structural, and Green Industries Pest Management
- Research Partners
- Research Opportunities
- Spring 2014 Colloquium
- Fall 2013 Colloquium
- Fall 2014 Colloquium
- Focus Areas
Creating and Making a Private Youtube Channel
HD video is difficult to share and transport. File sizes can be in excess of 4-8 gigabytes, making transfers extremely difficult without having paid dropbox accounts, or access to blu-ray/flash that you want to snail mail.
One way around this is to use youtube's streaming service. This allows you to...
1) Uploading a video to a public/private viewing audience.
2) Share the video with any prospective clients/colleagues without complicated systems
3) Embed the video in a website or blog, to share with a wide audience.
4) Gain instant internet fame and popularity, soarring to endless riches.*
To get started with this process, you will need to create a youtube account.
Create a Youtube Account
If you plan on sharing this account with other individuals in your lab, I recommend making a new gmail account, and linking the youtube account to that. That way you don't expose your personal passwords or information to others.
Create a Channel
Once you have a channel created, you can begin uploading videos to it. You can do this either directly, using youtubes built in uploader, or use a program such as imovie (OS X), or windows movie maker (Windows 7) to convert and upload your AVCHD videos.
After uploading the video, make sure it's set to private (unless you want everyone in the world to be able to see it). Then you can share it with up to 50 individuals by emailing them a direct link.
Sharing a Private Video
At any later time you can make the video public, if you want others to have access to it as well.
The process may seem daunting at first, but once you go through all the steps once, it's very efficent and easy to move more and more videos online. It's literarly just a few clicks in Windows movie maker!
Common Youtube Help Questions