Graduate Student Forms & Deadlines
Over the course of your time as an Entomology Department Graduate Student, you will be asked to complete several forms, all of which can be found by clicking the button below. All of these forms are required, and failure to submit them on time may significantly impact your progress and/or pay.
Explanation of Forms
Important: All of the forms listed below should be submitted to the Graduate Coordinator. S/he will submit them to Graduate School and/or Registrar on your behalf.
FORM YOUR COMMITTEE
- Committee Formation Form: This form is used to document that you have formed your committee within one year of joining the Entomology Graduate Program.
- Report of Annual Committee Meeting Form: The objective of this form is to record any comments/feedback from your committee during your mandatory annual meeting.
- Report of Pre-qualifying Exam Meeting Form: The objective of this form is for you, your advisor, and your committee to identify your subject area of research and 2 - 3 focus areas in which you will be expected to be proficient by your qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Exam Assessment Forms: This form should be completed by each committee member during your qualifying exam. It is intended to serve as his/her individual assessment of your performance.
- Report of Qualifying Exam Form: This form is intended to serve as the overall committee report on your qualifying exam.
- Application for Admission to Candidacy Form: You will receive a letter from the Graduate School once the form has been processed, which you should immediately forward to Pam Biery (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Entomology Business Office. After being admitted to candidacy, you will receive an increase in your stipend, so it is critical that you submit that letter Pam immediately.
- Before your defense:
- Apply for Graduation: Believe it or not, there is no form for this. Instead, it is done through an online portal at the beginning of the semester during which you intend to graduate.
- Approved Program Form (MS students only): This form documents that you have successfully completed all MS degree requirements. A finalized uAchieve Degree Audit must be submitted along with the Approved Program Form (see the Graduate Coordinator for further information).
- Nomination of Committee Form: This form is used by the graduate school to audit and officially approve the composition of your thesis/dissertation committee. It must be submitted six weeks prior to your defense date/before the Graduate School's deadline.
- During your defense
- Defense & Exit Seminar Assessment: This form should be filled out by each member of your committee during your defense and exit seminar. It is intended to serve as his/her individual assessment of your performance.
- Interim Report of Examining Committee: This form is filled out by your committee at the completion of your defense. It is used to establish any contingencies before the committee will officially approve your thesis/dissertation.
- Report of Examining Committee: This form is filled out by your committee at the completion of your defense, but it should not be signed by the committee chair and submitted to the Graduate Coordinator until you met all contingencies established by the Interim Report of Examining Committee.
- After your defense:
- Electronic Publication Form: This form is used to manage permissions given to the University of Maryland regarding publishing your thesis/dissertation.
- Submit your Dissertation: You should submit your thesis/dissertation through the ProQuest ETD System.
- Graduate Program Exit Form: This form is used to let us know your next steps following the completion of your degree and to allow us to continue to keep in touch with you as you progress through your career.
AFTER YOUR GRADUATE
- Department Post-graduation Assessment: This form is your chance to let us know how well the Department of Entomology has prepared you for the next phase of your career.