Welcome Alumni & Friends
The Department of Entomology has evolved and grown substantially through our more than 100-year history, and our alumni are a large part of that story. We invite you to keep in touch, get involved, and stay connected to the Department and College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences.
- Read about Entomology's previous activities and accomplishments in our newsletter, and recent activities in our News and Events section.
- Visit the Entomology History page.
- Read about the College's activities and accomplishments in the CMNS online newsletter and news section.
- Find out what fellow alumni and friends have been up to.
- Give to the Steinhauer Scholarship Fund – In 2008, the Entomology Department established an endowed scholarship fund in honor of Dr. Allen L. Steinhauer (1931-2008), Professor Emeritus, Entomology faculty member (1958-1993), and Chair (1975-1993). The Steinhauer Fund helps to support our graduate program.
- Volunteer through the Alumni Association – Become involved or post a volunteer opportunity for others!
- Join the CMNS Alumni Association Chapter – Founded in 1995, the College’s Alumni Association Chapter has been revitalized and is a growing, exciting community. All Alumni Association members are welcome to join! Events such as tailgates, game watches, scientific presentations, and student mentoring programs are planned.
- Join Us for Alumni Events – Visit our calendar of alumni events to see what’s planned for this semester.
- Encourage Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurial Office Hours – welcome alumni entrepreneurs who can provide invaluable support to faculty and students trying get that great discovery into the marketplace. The College’s twice monthly office hours are the perfect setting for alumni to come and lend their expertise to faculty and students. The Will Course depends on guest speakers with real world experience who have brought the lessons of combing the life sciences and business skills to reality. Interested in getting involved? Contact Cheri Meadows, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-405-9624.
- Join the UM - College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences Community on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter and like UMD Entomology on Facebook